Below is a link to a very basic script that will do the following:
- Look at the current document
- Create a new folder on the desktop called ‘backup_ID_files’
- Create a new folder in the ‘backup_id_documents’ named with the name of the ID file, current date and timestamp.
- Place the ID file into the newly created directory.
The end result can be seen below.
The naming scheme allows the user to repeat the process since each ‘action’ creates a unique directory.
Note that this is not a packaging mechanism. None of the linked files or fonts are brought together.
- Download the script below
- Place the script in the InDesign ‘Scripts Panel’ directory
- Go to ‘Window > Utilities > Scripts’. The script should appear in the palette.
- Open a InDesign document and double-click on the script
- The directory called ‘backup_ID_files’ will be created on the desktop and a folder containing your ID document will be inside.
Tested with CS6, CC on a Mac
Getting the script
Below is a link to the script.